Life is a Struggle...but let's make it a BEAUTIFUL
Struggle.Instagram





Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Defeat of SMAS...the SURGERY.

Prayer Warriors,
I just want to thank all of y'all for your support and love throughout my entire SMAS battle. I feel so blessed to have each of you in my life and y'all all have a special place in my heart. These past 2 1/2 years have been a real struggle but God is still on His throne and His grace will see me through. I had an Upper Endoscopy and an Upper G.I. done last week on Tuesday, July 16th and they both proved that my SMAS obstruction was indeed still there and in control of my life. Please keep sending those powerful prayers up as I had surgery in Louisiana a week ago, Thursday morning at 12(July 18th). Although estimated to last no longer than 1 1/2 hours, the surgery lasted nearly 5.
---I had an NG tube/stomach pump in my stomach up until the beginning of this week to drain the abdominal bleeding and stomach acid. I was discharged yesterday and I am very thankful to be home as of today.
 
Recovery will indeed be a rocky road. This is not a sprint though, this is a MARATHON and I am not looking back. I may run, walk, crawl, or sometimes even stumble but SMAS has been officially kicked to the curb! Every moment, whether painful or happy, will all just be additions to my DANCE. The dance of healing. My prayer is that Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome is defeated, once and for all, in my life and in my fellow SMAS brothers and sisters lives!
 
I will be posting pre- and post-op pictures in the near future so be on the look out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment